Wow. There is seriously so much that I can blog about that I am on bloggy overload. It's been a great week and a bit. We have done so much!
There has been lots and lots (continue in the vein for a while) of walking. Rachael mentioned that it is entirely possible that I am being walked more than Bogey is! I have a funny feeling this is true. There has been upward of two hours of walking per day. I also haven't taken so many buses in my life. I'm rather surprised that I haven't been completely grossed out by the proximity of the masses on the transit system. But then, I also don't have the convenience of my car as ready transportation. I'm not particularly missing it either. I really do not enjoy driving all that much to be honest, I do need a car to get around in London and for the sake of the Bogey man (whom I still miss).
Did I mention that eating has been a close second to the walking?! This is a good thing. I enjoy both walking and eating a great deal. Easter dinner was created by Rachael at Ben's apartment - Ben has a good sized apartment with many seating areas, where Joanna, Christopher Evans, Jenn, Rachael, Ben and myself ate dinner and then went to Sweet Revenge for desert - fabulous! There was lunch at Foundation on Monday thanks to Jamie followed by walking and shopping with Christopher & Rachael and then dinner (thank you Christopher!!) with Ben at a Thai place down the street. I was so hungry that I inhaled all of it. Made me feel like a giant pig, but oh well!! It was seriously good and although I normally do not enjoy tofu, this was awesome!!
In one of our many stops along the way (traveling to various places within Vancouver), I've even acquired 2 knitting books at amazing prices. One I have been wanting for some time - 'Last-minute Knitted Gifts' by Joelle Hoverson and I really liked some of the projects in this one, 'simple knits with a twist' by erika knight. At about $10 each, how could I possibly pass them up?! These fabulous finds were from OSCAR'S.
I have also been knitting - the sockapal00za socks are done, and so beautiful! I've also been knitting a scarf for Ben, with yarn purchased in Squamish - Man, you non-knitters have no idea, I'll just whip that up for you (bitch, moan, complain) with my magic knitting wand. I can't blame Ben as it was really Rachael that volunteered my knitting skills. I have to say that I am enjoying just whipping up something from the top of my head. It's been a while since I've been challenged with this type of project, here knit this up for me will ya? Sadly, I'm too cheap to go pro on Flickr (hint, hint, nudge, nudge Ben!!) so I'm going to run out of uploading bandwidth before I get to put any FO pics up. Oh well.
Spending time with all these photo people has also made the desire to own or play with an SLR or film camera even stronger. I know that there is an old SLR in Brampton that needs some TLC and lenses - it is an option, I'm just a little afraid of taking things that I don't understand to be repaired, ya know? If I can get ripped off with car repairs, because I'm too lazy to research it, then I can get ripped off with camera repairs. It's all good though - I've been learning a bit and can now see the joys of taking shots with 'trash' cams (listen to me with the lingo!! LOL). I'm going to have to give them a try as well I think.
Today is a bit of relaxing and touring on my own as Rachael is back at work. I think we are going to go to a museum later on. Hmn, more walking I would suspect?!
Photophilia by osmosis!!
ReplyDeleteIt was bound to happen!