Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday, my last day

It's an absolutely beautiful day out. I've been farting around and packing and it's occurred to me (I seem to be doing a lot of this, this morning) that I am wasting my time in here. So, to sum it all up . . . .


. . . I met Susie and went to Urban Yarns yesterday - we both had one of Yarn Harlot's accidents while there - the type that you fall in a yarn store and accidentally swipe you credit card on the way to the floor? I'm sure we have all encountered this in our store of choice. Susie is my yarn nut sister and we are going to HAVE to do a knit-a-long. We both purchased sweater project material - Yea!

Susie & Travis made dinner for Rachael and I. I'm a picky eater and a pain in the ass; I really appreciate it when people go out of their way to make things for me - thank you both for the fabulous meal, the great shopping (I think I should change that order?!) the awesome conversation, knitting and great evening. It was my pleasure meeting both of you and Amy.

I spent a portion of the morning yesterday, knitting and doing some laundry. Good thing too, I didn't have any more clean underwear. So I was trying to pack lite - I have clothing items that I didn't manage to wear, but no clean underwear - oh well.

My suit case is going to be a hell of a lot heavier on the way back than it was coming here. The crappy part in that, Pearson Airport is more walking than I've done in the two weeks I 've been here, or at least I am sure it is going to feel that way after sitting in on the plane for 4 and some hours.

I'm in knitters hell trying to figure out what to take on the plane with me. I didn't really manage to sleep on the way here and I'm not expecting to on the way back. I NEED something to knit, but I'm afraid of having my Addis taken away at security - that in it's self would be a crime, but then I can't work on Ben's scarf as I can't take scissors and I don't think I want to start my ROWAN sweater! (Yea baby, she got ROWAN! and on sale too). The trauma of this is making packing that much more challenging.

Ah, now that I have spent that much more time inside on a sunny and warm Vancouver day, I must run and make use of my time. So many things to do and not enough time man. Two weeks certainly does go by fast. Sadly, too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment